Variable Stability Flight Simulator (VSFS)
Welcome to the University of Sydney's
Variable Stability Flight Simulator (VSFS) Website
|Download Introduction Video|
This site showcases Research and Undergraduate development of the Engineering Flight Simulator operated by the School of Aeronautical, Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (AMME) at the University of Sydney.
Key VSFS Features include:
- "Variable Stability" allowing for any aircraft type to be simulated and;
- The manipulation of aerodynamic characteristics or physical aircraft geometry in real time.
- Instructor Operating Station with Variable Stability Module
- Weather, Failures and Ground Model Capable
- Effective Teaching and Research tool in Flight Mechanics and Visual Systems (3rd and 4th year)
Background and coursework information pertaining to Thesis and Undergraduate Aerospace Engineering studies is also located within this web site.
- About Flight Simulation
- Existing Simulator
- Goals & Objectives
- System Layout
- Thesis Topics
- 2008 Students
- 2007 Students
- 2006 Students
- Student Archives
Copyright © The University of Sydney. Unless otherwise indicated, 3rd party material has been reproduced and communicated to you by or on behalf of the University of Sydney in accordance with section 113P of the Copyright Act 1968 (Act). The material in this communication may be subject to copyright under the Act. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act.